Our Buying Team at BlvdHome works hard every day to provide our guests with up to date trends in a variety of home furnishing products for their homes at a great price. We are looking for a Retail Furniture Buyer to join this team at our corporate office located in St George Utah. This position will be responsible for buying all case goods such as Bedroom set, entertainment centers, home office, kitchen tables, book cases, accent tables, etc for 3 retail locations. This individual will also collaborate closely with the upholstery and accessory buyers, as well as working closely with store designers, our sales team and distribution center receiving department.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing SKU’s, Margins and Product selection. Experience of 1 or more years in purchasing, merchandising and negotiations would be preferred.
• Coordinate Bedroom set, entertainment centers, home office, kitchen tables, book cases and accent tables selections and strategy for BlvdHome
• Routinely review assortment selection and identify gaps in current assortment while considering factors such as sales performance, design trends, vendor performance, pricing changes, cost and freight and company merchandising strategy
• Negotiate pricing and payment terms on all orders
• Understand and report on financial performance of your categories including sales, profitability, and inventory levels
• Keep inventory levels flowing and best sellers in stock
• Work together with the other buyers to ensure they have the right product to complement their lineups
• Work together with the sales team and receiving departments to ensure they have updated information on products, pricing, and any relevant sales tools
• You will be accountable for the business results of your assigned categories including product performance, driving sales and margins
• Stay on top of all furniture trends in our market
• Domestic and some international travel will be required – 4-6 markets per year
• Ability to process and organize large amounts of information
• Strong quantitative skills and proficient in all related retail math skills
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications including excel, publisher and outlook
• Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze data and provide clear reporting and feedback
• Ability to timely respond to deadlines, balance workloads and take initiative
• Must have solid organizational skills including prioritizing, time management, working under pressure, problem solving and meeting deadlines
• Must be a team player as this is a very collaborative position
• High degree of professionalism
• Must be able to work independently
• Experience with the AS400 a plus
• Meet with reps and keep a good professional working relationship
• Review daily sales and analyze product performance to identify product trends and best sellers
• Keep all supplier, price sheets, data sheets, contact information and freight and discount levels current
• Help procure backordered products and make substitutions if needed to keep inventory at an optimal level
• Confirm and expedite purchase orders
• Relocation expenses may be covered depending on experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or merchandising preferred or minimum 2 years equivalent experience
This is a full-time position with an expected workload of no less than 40 hours a week. The typical schedule will be Monday – Friday with the occasional Saturday during holidays and large sales events or while traveling to markets. We are flexible and willing to work with the applicant for the hours to be worked between 7am-7pm. This position will also have several closing shifts during the month working from 10am-7pm.
How to Apply:
To be considered for employment, we require one of our employment applications to be filled out. This can be done by clicking Apply at the top of the screen and completing the application online, or you can download an application to fill out and turn in, or pick one up at our St. George Store, Mesquite or Cedar Stores, or at our Distribution Center.